Saturday, August 31, 2013

Football, Fall or 'Friendly Welcome?'





      Today as I sit on my couch watching my beloved Texas Aggies whip some Owl behind, not to aliente any readers- I actually attended A&M's rival school University of Texas. You may have noticed I did not call it THE University of Texas, it's an Aggie thing. My enrollment at UT was solely based on housing and financial reasons. I have been an Aggie at heart since I could walk. It is also a bit of a conundrum for me because I taught at Rice University, home of The Owls, before my current position. So as I remain loyal and root for my Ags, I am also thinking of projects to do this week.  My current class is graduating on Tuesday and I will be getting a fresh batch of children that are 1.5  years old to just barely 2. This new undertaking it will have to be a bit more simplistic than we have been doing with our current advanced artists.



    
    I have done some football themed projects before and may have to search my tome of past projects if we go with that theme. I have a hard time justifying doing back to school and fall themed art because our school is year round so they are not technically 'back' to school and it will not feel like fall here until December probably. I may just do a "Welcome to Our New Class" theme. We shall see this week what the final decision will be. I guess to put it in football terms, it will be a game time decision. In the meantime......... 

Whoooooooop!
(If that sounds crazy to you, google A&M "Whooooop.")




1 comment :